Can I print financial statements for the next fiscal year PRIOR to performing year end processing?
After year end processing, can I delete accounts that will no longer be used in the new fiscal year and still run comparison statements?
Can I open a closed fiscal year to make General Ledger postings/adjustments?
To Post to a Closed Fiscal Year:
- Select General Ledger Setup menu > GL Options
- On the Main tab, in the Current Fiscal Year field, select the past fiscal year to reopen
- In the Current Period field, select the accounting period to post to and click Accept
- In General Journal Entry or Transaction Journal Entry, enter the transaction to the reopened fiscal year and period and update the journal entry.
- Reprint year end reports when you’re finished
- Go back to General Ledger Options Main tab and select the current year in the Current Fiscal Year field, and the current period in the Current Period field. Click Accept.