* Procedure header block- Block of information at the beginning of each procedure that identifies it. It may include a Title, Identification number, Version number and a release date.
* Procedure summary- A brief description of the procedure and why it is used.
* Procedure steps- Description of the actions to be taken to complete each procedure step.
* Responsible party- The persons responsible for completing each indicated step.
* Control issues- Control issues that an employee should be aware of in regards to the procedure.
* Cross references- Similar procedures (if any) listed with any unique identification numbers assigned to them.
* Forms- Any forms used in a procedure.
* Reports- Any reports used in a procedure.
* Flowchart- Flowcharts are extremely useful for giving a visual representation of how a procedure is supposed to operate.
NEXT BLOG: ONCE PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE HOW DO I ENFORCE THEM?